Wednesday, November 12, 2008
1.8 medium pieces (about 800 grams) of chicken
2.2 tablespoon(s) peppercorns coarsely powdered
3.salt to taste
4.2 teaspoon(s) ginger paste
5.2 teaspoon(s) garlic paste
6.1 teaspoon(s) hot spice mix (garam masala) powder
7.3 tablespoons oil
8.1 sprig curry leaves
9.2 large tomato(es) pureed
10.4 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves finely chopped
11.finely chopped fresh coriander and freshly milled pepper to garnish
1. Marinate the chicken pieces with the pepper, salt, half the ginger, garlic and garam masala powder (hot spice mix) for atleast 2 hours.
2. Heat half the oil in a heavy-bottomed pan.
3. Shallow fry the marinated chicken on medium heat for about 4 minutes or till golden brown on both sides.
4. Remove on to a paper towel and keep warm.
5. Add the remaining oil (or only required amount) to the pan and heat it.
6. Add the curry leaves. Add the remaining ginger and garlic pastes.
7. Saute briefly till the raw smell goes.
8. Add the tomato puree and bring to a boil.
9. Simmer for about 4 minutes.
10. Add the chicken pieces, coriander leaves and the remaining garam masala powder (hot spice mix).
11. Stir in some hot water if required and mix well.
12. Cover and cook on medium heat for about 12 minutes or till the chicken pieces are well cooked.
13. If the chicken is not yet cooked and the gravy looks dry, add some hot water little by little as required whilst stirring.
14. Cover and cook on low heat till done.
15.Serve hot garnished with coriander leaves and a sprinkling of freshly milled pepper.
1. 600 grams (about 24 oz.) tender spinach washed
2. 2 green chillies chopped
3. 2cup(s) cottage cheese cubes
4. 2tablespoon(s) ghee (clarified butter) / butter / oil
5. 1teaspoon(s) cumin seeds
6. 1tablespoon(s) finely chopped garlic
7. 1tablespoon(s) finely chopped ginger
8. salt to taste
9. 1tablespoon(s) lemon juice
lots of finely chopped fresh coriander to garnish
1. Blanch the spinach in lots of boiling salted water for about 3 minutes.
2. Refresh in chilled water.
3. Squeeze out excess water gently and blend to a fine paste with the green chillies.
4. Deep fry the cottage cheese cubes in moderately hot oil till light golden in color.
5. Drain on absorbent paper.
6. Heat the clarified butter / oil in a heavy-based pan.
7. Add the cumin seeds and let them crackle.
8. Add the garlic and ginger. Fry briefly till the raw smell goes away.
9. Add the chopped spinach puree, salt and mix well.
10. Add water if required to get a gravy of desired consistency and bring to a boil. 11.Add the deep fried cottage cheese cubes and stir to mix gently.
12. Mix in the lemon juice.
13. Simmer for about 4 minutes.
14. Put off the heat and mix in the cream.
15. Garnish with chopped fresh coriander.
1. 2cup(s) red kidney beans soaked overnight
2. 4cups water
3. 2medium onion(s) finely chopped
4. 2Bayleaves (optional)
5. 1tablespoon(s) each of finely chopped ginger and garlic
6. ½teaspoon(s) each of asafoetida and turmeric powders
7. 1teaspoon(s) cumin seeds
8. 2teaspoon(s) red chilli powder
9. 2big tomato(es) finely chopped
10. 1teaspoon(s) each of hot spice mix (garam masala) and cumin powders
11. 2tablespoon(s) coriander powder
12. 3tablespoons oil
13. salt to taste
14. finely chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
1.Drain the soaked red kidney beans and wash them well.
2.Place them in a pressure cooker (for speedy cooking).
3.Add the water and some salt.
4.Close the cooker and cook on high level.
5.After one whistle, cook on low level for about 10 minutes or till the beans are soft.
6.Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed pan on medium level and crackle the cumin seeds. 7.Add the bay leaves (optional), asafoetida and chopped ginger-garlic.
8.Fry briefly. Add the chopped onions and fry till they are golden brown.
9.Add all the spice powders except hot spice mix.
10.Add the chopped tomatoes.
11.Fry till the oil separates.
12.Add the cooked red kidney beans along with its stock, sprinkle salt, mix well and cook on medium level for about 15 minutes.
13.Add the hot spice mix. Cover and cook on medium level for about 5 minutes.
14.Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.
Friday, November 7, 2008
1.8 medium sized pieces (about 800 grams) of chicken
2.1 medium onion(s) chopped and made into a paste
3.1 cup(s) yoghurt
4.1 tablespoon(s) oil
5.1 tablespoon(s) finely chopped mint leaves
6.1 teaspoon(s) hot spice mix (garam masala) powder
7.1 teaspoon(s) each of ginger and green chilly paste
8.salt to taste
9.finely chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
1. Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed pan on medium level for about 2 minute(s).
2. Add the onion, ginger and green chilly pastes and fry on medium level for about 3.minutes or till the paste is lightly browned. Add hot spice mix.
4.Fry again for a few seconds.
5. Add the yoghurt, mint leaves and chicken.
6.Sprinkle salt to taste.
7.Mix well.8.Cover and cook on low heat for about 30 minutes or till the chicken is tenderised.
8.Garnish with finely chopped fresh coriander.
1.8 chicken drumsticks with skin
2.1 teaspoon(s) garlic paste
3.½ teaspoon(s) ginger paste
4.1 tablespoon(s) blackpepper powder
5.salt to taste
6.2 teaspoon(s) lemon juice
7.2 egg whites
breadcumbs to roll
1. Wash the chicken drumsticks and pat dry.
2 Rub all the ingredients except egg whites and breadcrumbs into the chicken and leave to marinate for about 2 hours.
3.Beat the egg whites well with some salt and pepper.
4.Dip each chicken drumstick in the egg white, roll in bread crumbs and deep fry in hot oil three to four drumsticks at a time till they are cooked through, crisp and golden.
5.Drain into a bowl lined with paper towel and keep warm till the remaining chicken drumsticks are fried.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
1.500 grams chicken thighs.
2. 6 cashew nuts.
3. 6 badams( almonds)
4. 1 tablespoon corn flour.
5. 1 egg.
6. ½ tablespoon pepper powder.
7. ½ cup curd(yoghurt)
8. half a lemon.
oil for frying and salt to taste.
1.Take a bowl and add the curd.
2.lemon juice, pepper powder and salt.
3.Put the chicken pieces into this and mix well.
4..Let it marinate for an hour at least.
5.Next in another bowl beat the egg and corn flour well so that there aren't any lumps.
6.Now take a blender and put in the cashew nuts and almonds.
7.Make a nice paste.
8.Add this paste to the egg corn flour mix.
9.Stir well and ensure that all the ingredients have blended well.
10.Dip the chicken into this mixture and deep fry in hot oil.
11.Remove from flame and serve hot.
1.1 medium (about 800 grams) chicken cleaned and skinned
2.1 cup(s) yoghurt well beaten
3.1 teaspoon(s) each of hot spice mix (garam masala), cumin and red chilli powders
4.4 whole red chilli(es) made into a paste with a little water
5.1 tablespoon(s) each of ginger and garlic pastes
6.2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
7.2 tablespoon(s) oil
8.butter for basting
9.salt to taste
10.finely cut onion rings, lemon wedges and finely chopped coriander leaves for garnishing.
1.Make cuts on the chicken. Apply a mixture of red chilli powder, half of the lemon juice and salt to the chicken and keep aside for about an hour.
2.Whisk the yoghurt in a bowl and combine the rest of the ingredients,Mix well.
3.Rub this marinade well into the chicken and refrigerate preferably overnight or at least for four hours.
4.Skewer the chicken and barbeque it in a hot clay oven (Tandoor) or on an open hot grill for about 12 minutes or till the chicken is almost done.
5.Baste the chicken with butter and roast for another 3 minutes.
6.Garnish with onion rings, lemon wedges and finely chopped coriander leaves.